At the core of all business is Accounting, with opportunities across public and private sectors. If you enjoy working with figures, are well organised, self motivated and able to communicate with others this could be the apprenticeship for you.
What is an Apprenticeship in Accountancy?
An Accountancy Apprenticeship provides an ideal pathway to a professional career working in a finance department or an accountancy practice. You'll gain hands-on, practical experience, earn a salary and have the opportunity to get qualified at the same time. With a clear progression route, you can apply your skills and knowledge in the work place, build your experience and increase your earnings.
An Accountancy Apprenticeship offers an opportunity to gain qualifications whilst you are working. You will get high quality work experience in your chosen occupational area, develop your CV with nationally recognised qualifications as well as enjoy a salary and all of the perks of working for a company. The progression opportunities are endless, you may become a qualified Accountant leading a finance department or owning your own business.
You will need to have a good eye for detail, enjoy working with figures and have a logical approach to work. You will need to have a good standard of GCSE maths attainment, at grade C or above.
You will have the opportunity to experience:
- Preparing accounts
- Using IT and a range of software packages
- Managing purchase and sales ledgers
- Accurately recording financial transactions
- Supply information for managing the business
- Team work and problem solving
- Making and recording payments
Accountancy Levels 2, 3 and 4 as well as qualifications in English and Mathematics.
- Certificate in Accounting Level 2
- Diploma in Accounting Level 3
- Diploma in Accounting Level 4
- Assist you in securing a great job with exciting prospects
- Design an individual plan of learning
- Arrange on and off the job training
- Provide workshops to develop your skills
- Appoint a designated Training Adviser to support you
- Regularly review your progress with you and your employer
- Provide advice and guidance to develop your career
Accountancy Apprenticeships are available at three levels with many progression opportunities. Depending upon your GCSE results, you will start at an appropriate level and move on from there. Apprenticeship (Level 2) takes, on average, 12 months to achieve with the Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) taking a further 12 months and a Higher Apprenticeship (Level 4) a further 12 months.