The hospitality industry is changing all the time. New hotels, coffee shops, sports and entertainment complexes means that people are spending more and more time eating out and spending their leisure time in a more varied way. This creates even greater opportunities for people with the right skills and qualifications to develop a rewarding career in the hospitality industry.
What is an Apprenticeship in Hospitality and Catering?
An Apprenticeship offers an opportunity to gain qualifications whilst you are working. You will get high quality work experience in your chosen occupational area, develop your CV with nationally recognised qualifications as well as enjoy a salary and all of the perks of working for a company. This Apprenticeship is aimed at people either working or wishing to work in hospitality, including bar services, food and drink services, reception, housekeeping, food production and cooking.
An Apprenticeship offers an opportunity to gain qualifications whilst you are working. You will get high quality work experience in your chosen occupational area, develop your CV with nationally recognised qualifications as well as enjoy a salary and all of the perks of working for a company. This Apprenticeship is aimed at people with an interest in working in hospitality and catering.
In general you will need to be friendly, approachable, helpful, smart, organised and customer focused. You will need to be prepared for hard work, want to learn varied tasks, be flexible and work effectively under pressure both individually and as part of a team. You may have to work shifts, including weekends and evenings, which will depend on your job role and working environment. Whatever your GCSE grades or experience we will recommend an appropriate starting point for your qualification in hospitality and catering.
You will have the opportunity to experience:
- Dealing with customers
- Dealing with payments
- Team work
- Managing accommodation
- Stock control
- NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Food & Beverage Service
- NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Front of House Reception
- NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Food Production & Cooking
- NVQ Level 2 Award in Hospitality & Catering Principles
- NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Housekeeping
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Hospitality Supervision & Leadership Skills
- Level 3 Award in Hospitality Supervision & Leadership Principles
- Qualifications in English and Mathematics
- Assist you in securing a great job with exciting prospects
- Design an individual plan of learning
- Arrange on and off the job training
- Provide workshops to develop your skills
- Appoint a designated Training Adviser to support you
- Regularly review your progress with you and your employer
- Provide advice and guidance to develop your career
A Hospitality Apprenticeship at Level 2 will take approximately 18 months to complete; with a following 18 months to achieve the Advanced Apprenticeship at Level 3.