A great opportunity to gain skills and knowledge in working with children to support their play
The Playwork Apprenticeship is aimed at staff working directly with children and young people in a setting whose main purpose is to provide opportunities for freely chosen, self directed play. There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification although Apprentices are required to be working in a playwork setting with children aged 3 - 16 years.
You will need to be calm, friendly, patient, organised and able to use your own initiative. You will need to be prepared for hard work, a fast learner, flexible and have good communication skills. You will need to work in a playwork setting whose main purpose is to provide opportunities for freely chosen, self directed play with children and young people aged 3 - 16 years.
The Playwork Diploma is designed for those who work in a variety of settings, after school clubs, holiday play schemes and play centres. Once qualified there are opportunities within management or ownership of a private playwork setting or overseas work as a Children's Rap in a holiday resort.
Throughout your Apprenticeship you will be required to perform a range of tasks which could include:
- Understanding play work
- Working within a play environment with children
- Ensuring a safe play environment
- Supporting positive child behaviour in play
- Creating play spaces
- Support freely-chosen self-directed play
- Safeguarding the welfare of children in the play environment
- Level 2 Diploma in Playwork
- Level 3 Diploma in Playwork
- Functional Skills English and mathematics
- Assist you in securing a great job with exciting prospects
- Design an individual plan of learning
- Arrange on and off the job training
- Provide workshops to develop your skills
- Appoint a designated Training Adviser to support you
- Regularly review your progress with you and your employer
- Provide advice and guidance to develop your career
An Intermediate Apprenticeship at Level 2 will take approximately 14 months to complete. A further 14 months are required to complete an Advanced Apprenticeship at Level 3.