The retail, warehousing and distribution industry offers a diverse choice of job roles in a continually growing sector with opportunities readily available. If you want to move on in the industry, you need to prove that you can not only do your job, but that you can adapt to different circumstances, for example a different location, a different type of customer etc. The best way to do this is through an Apprenticeship.
What is an Apprenticeship in Retailing, Warehousing and Distribution?
An Apprenticeship offers an opportunity to gain qualifications whilst you are working. You will get high quality work experience in your chosen occupational area, develop your CV with nationally recognised qualifications as well as enjoy a salary and all of the perks of working for a company. You can choose between an Apprenticeship in Retailing or one in Warehousing and Storage; C&W chamber training will help you decide the most appropriate route for you based on your interests and career aspirations.
This Apprenticeship is aimed at people with an interest in working in the retail, warehousing and distribution industries. It will offer you many wide and varied opportunities including many situations where customers interaction is involved. In general, you should be hard working and be able to work individually and as part of a team.
Whatever your GCSE grades or experience we will recommend an appropriate starting point for your career in retailing, warehousing or distribution. You may have to work shifts, including weekends and early evenings, which will depend on your job role and working environment.
You will have the opportunity to experience:
- Give customers the best impression
- Display stock to promote sales to customers
- Help customers to choose products
- Accurately take payments
- Provide information and guidance to customers
- Merchandise and sell stock
- Resolve customer complaints
- Receive and put goods into storage
- Audit stock levels
- Assemble and process orders for goods
- Pick and pack deliveries and dispatch goods
- Level 2 Certificate in Warehousing & Storage (QCF)
- Level 2 Certificate/Diploma in Retail Skills
- Qualifications in English and Mathematics
- To extend the opportunities available Chamber Training also offers IT, Health & Safety and First Aid courses and qualifications. These may be chargeable.
- Assist you in securing a great job with exciting prospects
- Design an individual plan of learning
- Arrange on and off the job training
- Provide workshops to develop your skills
- Appoint a designated Training Adviser to support you
- Regularly review your progress with you and your employer
- Provide advice and guidance to develop your career
Retail and Warehousing Apprenticeships at Level 2 will take approximately 12-14 months to complete; with a following 12-14 months to achieve the Advanced Apprenticeship at Level 3.