CWCT186 Nursery Practitioner Apprenticeship
- Sector: Nursery
- Salary: £8,112.00 per year
- Location: Coventry
- Hours: 40hrs per week (8am to 6pm Monday to Friday - on a rota basis)
- Closing Date: 23/10/2020
- Ref: CWCT186
- Apply for this vacancy now
Providing professional childcare is the responsibility of a Nursery Assistant. You will need to take care of, play with or teach children while they are at the Nursery. You will need to be highly trustworthy and attentive to children’s needs.
A Nursery Assistant usually performs many of the following tasks:
• Supervising children's playtime
• Engaging children in learning and play activities
• Keeping and updating records
• Working with team members
• Maintaining a high standard of operation
• Attending staff meetings
About the Applicant
- You will need to be prepared for hard work
- To learn quickly
- Be flexible and have good communication skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Candidates will have a genuine interest in working with children
- They will have a cheery disposition and a caring and patient manner
- A hardworking attitude with a willingness to get 'stuck in'
- Must be open to learning and training
GCSE's (or equivalent) in English and Maths at Grade C / 4 would be preferred.
Candidates will have the opportunity to work towards higher level qualifications and will be supported in the workplace to progress.
Things to consider
Must be prepared for the responsibility of working with small children, changing nappies, toilet duties and general hygiene. Working in childcare is a very demanding job requiring your full attention at all times.
To work with children you are required to undergo a DBS check so you will need to provide identification such as passport, birth certificate, driving licence, utility bill etc.
A nursery assistant plays an important role in assisting in the care of young children. You will be planning and organising both fun and educational activities whilst taking care of children’s personal needs. You will need to be reliable, enthusiastic, hardworking, and willing to learn.