CWCT198 Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship
- Sector: Nursery
- Salary: £8,632per annum
- Location: Leamington Spa
- Hours: 40 hours pw - Monday to Friday on a rota basis.
- Closing Date: 18/01/2021
- Ref: CWCT198
- Apply for this vacancy now
This is an exciting role for two apprentices to join a well-established nursery based in Leamington Spa, Warwickshire.
About the Applicant
- Gentle when handling children
- Calm and caring manner
- Adaptable/flexible to situations and routines for individual children
- Hands on and forward thinking
- Good use of initiative.
- Well presented
- Good communication skills
- Able to understand the importance of the role of a nursery worker and what the nursery means to the children and their families.
- A good standard of education in maths and English is required
- GCSE (or equivalent) maths and English will provide exemptions from Functional Skills
- A desire to continue with training and education.
- Can progress to an Advanced Apprenticeship in Early Years Educator.
Things to consider
The nursery is based in Leamington Spa but the training will be delivered at Chamber Training's centre in Coventry so you must be able to travel to both sites weekly.
A DBS is required to work with children.
* Possible start date - 25 January 2021*
- Working in a team to support the running of the day within the nursery;
- Work with Key worker to support a group of children;
- Will develop a good understanding of the EYFS;
- Helping children to settle into the room;
- Nappy changing;
- Assisting sleep times;
- Meal/Snack time supervision. Promoting and supporting healthy eating and independence;
- Creating fun and stimulating activities for the children daily.