CWCT200 Food Technician (Teaching Assistant) Apprenticeship
- Sector: Teaching
- Salary: £7,984.60 per annum
- Location: Coventry
- Hours: 37 hrs pw (Mon-Thu 08:00-16:00, Fri 08:00-15:30. Term-time only plus five teacher training days
- Closing Date: 31/08/2021
- Ref: CWCT200
- Apply for this vacancy now
A brief overview of the role
Do you love the idea of working with young people? Are you passionate about improving students’ life chances? Do you have a keen interest in Food Technology?
This is a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic, motivated apprentice to join our friendly and hardworking student support team and provide direct support to the Technology faculty.
About the Applicant
Requirements and prospects
- Effective communication skills in order to work with a range of staff and students;
- Good organisational skills;
- Good sense of humour;
- Experience of having worked in kitchens including using microwave ovens and gas/electric ovens and washing machines;
- Workshop food skills (Desirable);
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Use ICT skills to support the faculty and students;
- Prioritise workload to meet agreed deadlines;
- Work in a supportive team environment and to form positive professional relationships with students and colleagues;
- Problem solve in response to queries from students and staff;
- Be flexible, use initiative, and remain calm and focused during times of pressure;
- Adhere to policies, procedures and relevant legislation;
- Be reliable and punctual;
- Be calm, precise and patient when dealing with others, including students;
- Be an excellent role model for young people;
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
First aid certificate and food hygiene certificate all desirable.
A permanent post may become available upon successful completion of training.
Things to consider
Working with children you will be subject to a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service). This checks for spent and unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands, and final warnings, plus any additional information held by local police that’s reasonably considered relevant to the role applied for. To carry out this check the employer will ask for identification including a passport or provisional driving licence, a birth certificate and bank statement.
Please note: This is a term-time only post.
Duties will include:
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment at all times
- Provide support and assistance to the classroom teacher during practical lessons
- Plan and prioritise work effectively using initiative
- Assist in the organisation and presentation of the food technology classrooms
- To attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
- Ensure that all equipment and weighed ingredients are available and ready for use for groups and individual projects, lessons and functions
- To undertake some administrative duties including using ICT to complete work on behalf of the faculty and to print photographs to assist students with their exams/coursework