CWCT233 Visitor Experience Assistant (Apprentice)
- Sector: Customer Service
- Salary: £9,426 (raising to £16,551 after 12 months)
- Location: Coventry
- Hours: Ability and willingness to work long hours and weekend, but will not exceed 36.5 hours per week
- Closing Date: 06/08/2021
- Ref: CWCT233 Visitor Experience Assistant (Apprentice) at Warwick Arts Centre
- Apply for this vacancy now
Customer Service Apprentice Level 2.
Purpose of the Apprenticeship
The Visitor Experience apprenticeship is an opportunity to train in front-facing visitor teams within the performing arts industry.
Line Managed by:
What is involved?
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain exposure to work in a creative environment alongside a range of industries and professionals. You will be based across our visitor facing teams in Warwick Arts Centre, University of Warwick. These teams include Front of House and Box Office who are responsible for front-facing delivery of the visitor experience along with management of our visitor and performance spaces.
- The apprenticeship will be split between the Warwick Arts Centre at The University of Warwick and Coventry and Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce Training. You will study for a Customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship;
- One day per week will be allocated to college work. The day will be scheduled flexibly to fit with college and departmental work;
- The working week is 36 ½ hours inclusive of college time. Throughout the apprenticeship, you will be asked to work evenings and weekends;
- As part of the apprenticeship, we aim to offer opportunities to spend time in the visitor facing departments of other venues;
- You will be supported throughout your apprenticeship by a college assessor, Warwick Arts Centre Mentor and front-facing teams and the apprenticeships team.
Who will you be working with?
You will be working alongside a variety of people and departments throughout the apprenticeship, but you will most often work with:
- Warwick Arts Centre Front of House and Box Office teams;
- House Manager and Box Office Manager;
- All visitors to Warwick Arts Centre including audience, artists (both professional and community) and destination visitors;
- Other Warwick Arts Centre teams including Marketing, Programming and Creative Learning.
What will you do in the workplace during your Apprenticeship?
You will be working within our front-facing visitor departments and deliver an exceptional visitor experience.
Front of House
- Working with our Duty Managers and Operations Assistants, providing proactive visitor service both in-venue and in all our public areas – welcoming visitors and providing exceptional, safe and accessible service;
- Offering all visitors with disabilities, service and facilities appropriate to their requirements;
- Receiving comments, suggestions and complaints from all visitors. Actively seeking solutions in a swift, thorough and confident manner;
- Ensuring that all public areas are consistently well presented, taking immediate action where appropriate;
- Carrying out stewarding duties for both programmed and other events, for example, creative learning events, meetings or any other hire of spaces;
- Serving and assisting customers with Warwick Arts Centre merchandise, handling stock confidently and accurately and ensuring security procedures and standards of merchandising are followed at all times;
- Ensuring health and safety, licensing and security regulations are adhered to and buildings are secure under the supervision and appropriate training of a Duty Manager;
- If required, evacuating the public in the event of an emergency and/or follow the instructions of the Duty Manager in a major incident.
- Delivering excellent standards of visitor service through the Box Office and reception to ensure that all visitors are dealt with in a prompt, positive and professional manner;
- Administering ticket sales, bookings, reservations, exchanges and refunds (in person, online, telephone) for Warwick Arts Centre;
- Dealing with day to day visitor and audience related queries as required (including parking, travel directions, ticketing, performance information and access needs);
- Notifying visitors and audience members in the event of cancellations and event changes as necessary and action accordingly with care;
- Processing payments including credit/debit card transactions and following Warwick University financial regulations and procedures at all times;
- Maintaining the security of the ticketing system (confidential data) at all times and ensuring current legislation such as GDPR, DDA, licensing and Health and Safety is followed;
- Supporting fundraising and research campaigns as directed.
About the Applicant
What are we looking for in a Visitor Experience Apprentice?
- An interest in working in the performing arts;
- An excellent and proactive communicator;
- Good at working in a team;
- A practical approach to problem-solving;
- Punctual and good at managing your own schedule;
- Respectful and receptive approach to all health and safety requirements;
- Self-motivated to seek out new skills and knowledge;
- A helpful and positive approach.
Minimum essential requirements
- You must have work authorisation for the UK;
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and weekends (your time will be managed and not exceed 36 ½ hours).
- Attend regular meetings with line managers and the Apprenticeship Officer to review progress, taking minutes as required;
- To wear a uniform provided by Warwick Arts Centre as required;
- Take responsibility for your own attendance, safe working practices, motivations, discipline, and welfare;
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the relevant supervising member of programme staff or manager;
- Undertake additional training as required;
- Submit learning logs and diaries to the Apprenticeship Mentor as required.