CWCT246 Nursery Practitioner Apprenticeship (x2)
- Sector: Nursery
- Salary: £8,944.00 per annum
- Location: Coventry
- Hours: 40 hours per week (Monday-Friday 8am-6pm)
- Closing Date: 30/06/2022
- Ref: CWCT246 Nursery Practitioner Apprenticeship (x2)
- Apply for this vacancy now
A nursery practitioner plays an important role in caring for young children.
Duties will include:
- Planning and organising both fun and educational activities;
- Taking care of children’s personal needs;
- Helping children to learn numeracy and language skills through games;
- You will need to be enthusiastic, punctual, reliable, and willing to learn.
Possible start date - 25th October 2021
About the Applicant
Requirements and prospects
- Must have a good hard-working enthusiastic attitude with good levels of confidence;
- Have a caring and patient nature;
- Experience of working with children in a nursery setting is required.
- Outgoing personality;
- Able to work using own initiative;
- Willingness to work as part of a team;
- Commitment to learning.
- No prior qualifications are required however GCSEs at grades A*-C / 9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English would provide exemptions from Functional Skills
- As an apprentice, you will be encouraged to embrace training opportunities within the nursery and childcare sector as a whole
- Possible progression routes after Level 2 could be an Advanced Apprenticeship for the Early Years Educator (Level 3)
Things to consider
- A DBS is required to work with children; you must be able to provide identification for this i.e. passport, birth certificate, driving license, utility bill. You will also need to provide two references
The duties will include:
- Caring for children in a city centre-based day nursery;
- Following daily routines including personal care and providing a safe and friendly environment;
- Observing children and supporting their development.