Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems - Level 2 - New
Next Available Dates:
- 03 Feb 2020
- 08 Jun 2020
- 05 Oct 2020
Chamber Member Price: £450
Non-Member Price: £450
This Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems Level 2 runs for 3 full days:
Stress, depression and anxiety are now the largest reason for workplace absence as the number of days taken off for mental health problems soars 25% year on year [Office of National Statistics, 2017].
This suggests there is a growing mental health concern with many businesses not having the skills needed to support their employees. The Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems at level 2 is an accredited short course to raise awareness of mental health problems, providing the knowledge and tools to effectively promote mental health and well being throughout your business.
This three day course will provide employers and staff with a greater understanding of the range of mental health problems that may occur within the business. It will also provide delegates with strategies on how to support individuals with, or the potential to have, mental health problems.
After attending this course delegates will be able to:
- Understand stress, anxiety, phobias, depression and postnatal depression
- Under Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia and Dementia
- Understand eating disorders, ADHD, OCD and post-traumatic stress disorder
The course consists of three mandatory learning days at C&W Chamber Training along with three workbooks which will provide a sound knowledge and understanding of the topics covered across 13 units including:
- Understanding the context of mental illness including confidentiality and data protection
- Understanding possible causes and effects of stress, anxiety, phobias, depression, postnatal depression, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Dementia, eating disorders, ADHD, OCD, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Greater knowledge and understanding of mental health problems
- Be able to identify staff who are competent to support people with mental health issues
- Recognise the potential to proactively reduce lost working hours and increase productivity
Please note: Up to 50% funding may be available for this course, subject to eligibility, through Coventry & Warwickshire Skills 4 Growth which supports eligible SMEs to improve skills amongst the workforce.
Our Business Development Team is happy to answer any queries you may have regarding the availability of places.
For further information contact them by telephone on 024 7623 1122, email at firstname.lastname@example.org