The childcare industry is rapidly growing and offers many opportunities. It is one of the most rewarding and satisfying careers given the responsibility and dedication that is required to achieve high standards of care for babies and young children.
What is an Apprenticeship in Childcare?
An Apprenticeship offers a great opportunity to gain practical hands-on experience, learn new skills and knowledge whilst working towards nationally recognised qualifications in Child Care. If you have a passion for working with children and young people, there is no better place to build your career than in the workplace, combining learning and work.
An Apprenticeship offers an opportunity to gain qualifications whilst you are working. You will get high quality work experience in an exciting job, learning new skills and knowledge whilst you study for nationally recognised qualifications, earn a salary and enjoy all the perks of working. This Apprenticeship is aimed at those who are passionate about working with children, providing care and education in settings such as nurseries, creches or schools.
In general you will need to be calm, friendly, helpful, organised and able to use your own initiative. You will need to be prepared for hard work, learn varied tasks, be flexible and possess good communication skills. Whatever your GCSE grades or experience we will recommend an appropriate starting point for your Childcare Apprenticeship.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of children
- Interact and communicate with children and adults
- Support the development of children’s speech, language and communication
- Care for the physical and nutritional needs of babies and young children
- Support children and young people's health and safety
- Support children and young people's positive behaviour
- Promote learning and development in early years
- Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Level 2
- Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner Level 2
- Maths and English Level 1
- Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Level 3
- Diploma for the Early Years Educator Level 3
- Maths and English Level 2
- Assist you in securing a great job with exciting prospects
- Design an individual plan of learning
- Arrange on and off the job training
- Provide workshops to develop your skills
- Appoint a designated Training Adviser to support you
- Regularly review your progress with you and your employer
- Provide advice and guidance to develop your career
Apprenticeship at level 2 will take approximately 12 months to complete; with a following 18 months to achieve the Advanced Apprenticeship at level 3. Due to the sensitive nature of work, a police DBS check will be completed in line with required regulations.