Child Care Levels 2 & 3
Child Care at Levels 2 and 3 are qualifications for people working with babies, children and young people in a variety of settings including nurseries, crèches, pre-schools and schools. These awards will enable you to develop and prove your practical competence as well as build your knowledge and understanding of early years care.
Each level contains a wide range of units to allow you and your employer to tailor your qualification to your requirements. At all levels you will be able to apply knowledge, understanding and skills to meet national standards. A sample of units include:
- Support Children and Young People's Health and Safety
- Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young People
- Support Children and Young People's Positive Behaviour
- Implementry Duty of Care
- Develop Positive Relationships with Children, Young People and others involved in their Care
- Support Children's Speech, Language and Communication
- Promote Learning and Development in the Early Years
- Care for the Physical and Nutritical needs of Babies and Young Children
- Managing Illness, Injury and Emergency First Aid
Generally speaking, level 2 is appropriate for those who are working under supervision performing a wide range of activities working with 0 – 16 year olds. Level 3 is designed for those who have significant experience in an early years setting or already have NVQ level 2. You will either hold or be developing skills in a wider range of more complex tasks and demonstrate that you are capable of supervising others.
There are no formal entry requirements. However you must be working within early years care at the appropriate level, either full-time, part-time or on a voluntary basis in order to generate the necessary evidence to prove competence. CWT will guide you on this.
Duration & Format
Completion is anticipated within 12 - 14 months per level. The agreed number of visits will take place at your premises. You will be appointed a Training Adviser who will visit you in the workplace to assess progress on portfolio development and conduct observation sessions. Progress will be recorded at each visit. Oral or written questions will be used to cover underpinning knowledge. Start dates are available throughout the year.
£795 (Chamber member) or £845 (non Chamber member) for Level 2
£895 (Chamber member) or £945 (non Chamber member) for Level 3