Award & Certificate in Education and Training Levels 3 and 4
Coventry & Warwickshire Chamber Training delivers this qualification to individuals who want to develop their career or who would like to go down a different path. Level 3 Award and Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training is a knowledge-based introduction to teaching and training.
On successful completion of this qualification individuals will have a fundamental understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a teacher/trainer in relation to legislation, equality, diversity, inclusivity and meeting the needs of learners. They will be able to sequence learning, plan and deliver sessions, using appropriate resources and teaching methods. They will be able to identify the characteristics of effective assessment and feedback.
For candidates who:
- Work, or want to work as teachers/trainers in the further education and skills sector
- Are not in a teaching/training role, or who have just started a teaching/training role
- Want a short qualification to enable them to make career choices
The qualification covers the knowledge and skills required by teachers/trainers in the further education and training skills sector:
- The roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Inclusive teaching and learning approaches
- Understanding principles and practices of assessment
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
However, the nature of both the learning and assessment required for the qualification is such that individuals should have the ability to manage the requirements of the level of the qualification they are taking, read and interpret written tasks, and write answers in a legible and understandable form.
Individuals will also need to be able to organise written information clearly and coherently.
All individuals will undertake an initial assessment of skills in English, mathematics and ICT.
- Qualified trainers capable of delivering learning sessions in public funded learning
- Competent trained staff meeting minimum threshold teaching status
- Empowering individual responsibility and accountability
- Well developed staff, effective in their role
Award & Certificate in Education & Training
Coventry & Warwickshire chamber training delivers this qualification to individuals who want to develop their career or who would like to go down a different path. Level 3 and 4 Awards and Certificate in Education and Training is a knowledge-based introduction to teaching and training.
Training Assessment & Internal Quality Assurance Qualifications (TAQA & IQA)
These courses will provide individuals with the knowledge and understanding of the principles and practies that underpin assessment.
Train the Trainer
Duration: 2 days + registration
This two day course is ideal for individuals who train others within organisations and have had no previous formal training.