WE ARE NOW OPEN BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.Please call us on 02476 231122 to arrange a time to come in. Thank you.
Health & Social Care Diplomas Levels 2, 3 & 5
Health and Social Care qualifications are ideal for those in the care industry who interact with clients on a daily basis and are responsible for their welfare. Care may take place in the home, in care homes or out in the community and can include anything from helping people get dressed, transporting them to and from a residential home or taking them shopping.
You will earn whilst you learn, and learn in a way that is best suited to you through practical experience on the job. You will find a summery of what the course involves.
- Introduction to duty of care
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Principles of safeguarding and protection
- Contribute to health and safety
- Introduction to personal development
- Handling information
- Introduction to equality and inclusion
- Introduction to communication
- Promote communication
- Engage in personal development
- Promote equality and inclusion
- Implementing duty of care
- Safeguarding and protection
- Promote and implement health and safety
- Promote good practice in handling information
- Promote person centred approach
- Use and develop systems that promote communication
- Promote professional development
- Champion equality, diversity and inclusion
- Develop health and safety and risk management
- Work in partnership in health and social care
- Lead and manage a team
- Lead person centred practice
There are no formal entry requirements. However you must be working with customers at the appropriate level, either full-time, part-time or on a voluntary basis in order to generate the necessary evidence to prove competence. Coventry and Warwickshire Chamber Training will guide you on this.
Duration & Format
Completion is anticipated within 10 months for a level 2 qualification, 12 months for a level 3 qualification and 18 months for level 5. You will be appointed a personal Training Advisor who will assess progress on portfolio development and conduct observation sessions.
£965 (Chamber member) or £985 (non Chamber member) for Level 2
£1,080 (Chamber member) or £1,100 (non Chamber member) for Level 3
£1,755 (Chamber member) or £1,830 (non Chamber member) for Level 5
Prices are plus Awarding Body registration, exam fees and certification costs. All are subject to VAT.