First Aid at Work (HSE Recommended)
Next Available Dates:
- 09 Jul 2021
- 16 Jul 2021
- 23 Jul 2021
Chamber Member Price: £220
Non-Member Price: £245
This first aid course lasts three days which are spread over three weeks.
First Aid trained personnel in the workplace ensures that organisations comprehensively fulfill their responsibilities towards the safety of customers and staff.
First Aiders can act to prevent situations becoming worse and can reduce potential liability claims. This statutory Health & Safety Executive course complies with current health & safety first aid regulations and successful delegates will be awarded a certificate confirming that they are a qualified First Aider and are licensed for 3 years.
The course runs for three days, once a week from the starting date.
After attending this course delegates will be able to:
- Use first aid equipment, including the contents of a first aid box
- Understand the duties of employers and the legal framework
- Recognise the importance of personal hygiene in first aid procedures
- Act safely, promptly and effectively with emergencies at work
- Understand cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Manage casualties who are unconscious
- Deal with shocks, burns and scalds
- Control bleeding
- Maintain appropriate records
- Practice and principles of first aid
- Understanding respiratory systems
- Handling special injuries
- Asphyxia (causes, signs & symptoms)
- Control of bleeding – direct and indirect
- Dealing with unconsciousness
- Injuries to bones, muscles, ligaments & joints
- Burns, scalds and eye injuries
- Reporting requirements
- Ensure that staff, customers and contractors’ welfare is safeguarded
- Comply with legal responsibilities
- Trained staff with a recognised first aid qualification
Our Business Development Team are happy to answer any queries you may have regarding the availability of places. For further information on any of our services and courses contact them by telephone on 024 7623 1122, email at email@example.com
10% Early bird discount available for courses booked 3 months in advance.