Business Administration Apprenticeships
With around 4 million people employed in roles which keep businesses running in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors, administrators need a broad range of skills to work efficiently and help increase business productivity. Business Administration apprenticeships are designed to meet the skills needs of employers by bringing new talent into the workforce or helping to up-skill existing staff. They develop the skills and knowledge of office staff, delivering a positive impact in key business support functions.
Individuals will come from a diverse range of backgrounds and with a range of experience, age, personal achievements and, in some cases, prior qualifications which may count towards the achievement of an apprenticeship programme in roles such as:
• Sales Support
• Data Entry
• Personal Assistant
• Administration Executives/Officers
• Administration Team Leader
• Medical Secretary
• Legal Secretary
Business Administration apprenticeships are available at intermediate (level 2), advanced (level 3) and higher (level 4) levels. We provide comprehensive advice and guidance to ensure individuals are matched to the most appropriate level, given their experience and job role.
- Communication in a business environment
- Producing business documentation
- Managing information systems
- Collating and reporting data
- Effectively using ICT systems
- Managing customer relationships
- Providing office services and support
- Participating or running projects
- Problem solving
- Initiate and implement organisational change
- Develop, manage and monitor a budget
- Maths, English and ICT functional skills
A Business Administration apprenticeship at level 2 will take approximately 12 months to complete; with a following 12 to 18 months to achieve the Advanced Apprenticeship at level 3 and 2 years for a higher apprenticeship at level 4.
There are no mandatory entry requirements. The level is determined by an assessment of the individual’s job role.