At the core of all business is Accounting, with opportunities across public and private sectors. If you enjoy working with figures, are well organised, self motivated and able to communicate with others this could be the apprenticeship for you.
WE ARE NOW OPEN BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.Please call us on 02476 231122 to arrange a time to come in. Thank you.
What is an Apprenticeship in Accountancy?
An Accountancy Apprenticeship provides an ideal pathway to a professional career working in a finance department or an accountancy practice. You'll gain hands-on, practical experience, earn a salary and have the opportunity to get qualified at the same time. With a clear progression route, you can apply your skills and knowledge in the work place, build your experience and increase your earnings.
Accountancy is a fundamental part of all business, with opportunities across both pubic and private sectors. An Accountancy Apprenticeship offers an opportunity to gain qualifications whilst you are working. Career opportunities are available in Accountancy firms and finance departments of organisations. The duties you will perform will vary depending upon the type of company you work for.
You will need to be well organised, self-motivated and able to communicate with others. Good numeracy skills are essential. A methodical and systematic approach to work is also an advantage. As an Apprentice you will be paid a training salary by your employer.
The entry requirements are:
- Five GCSEs at Grade B (7) or above including Maths and English
Throughout your Apprenticeship you will be required to perform a range of tasks which could include:
- Preparing accounts
- Using IT and a range of software packages
- Making and recording payments
- Managing purchases and sales ledgers
- Accurately recording financial transactions
- Team work and problem solving
- Carrying out audits
Accountancy Apprenticeship Levels 2, 3 and 4
- AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accountancy
- AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting
- AAT Level 4 Professional Diploma
Once you have completed your learning plan you will progress to the End Point Assessment which will lead to the successful achievement of your apprenticeship.
This will include:
- A Synoptic End Test
- Portfolio of workplace evidence and professional reflective discussion
Chamber Training will assist you to secure a job with great career prospects including the provision of the following support:
- Day release to develop your knowledge
- A designated Training Advisor to guide and support you
- A workplace mentor for extra support at work
- Regular progress reviews to track your learning and move you forward
- After completing all levels, there may be an opportunity to progress to a level 7 apprenticeship which will allow access to gain the ACCA professional qualification.
Accountancy Apprenticeships are available at four levels with many progression opportunities. An intermediate level 2 Apprenticeship takes on average 12 months to achieve. The level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship takes a further 14 months and level 4 a further 14 months thereafter.
After completing all levels this can lead to a senior management role and potentially a Partner in an Accountancy practice.